Repairs with Certification
You Get a Better Rate with Fire Rate®
Sydney fire door repair services. Failed fire door, frame and hardware specialist.
Secure Your place with Fire Rate®
Certification with Warranty. Repair options to save on full door /frame replacements with the added costs of painting and disposal of old doors,frames and hardware.
Fire Rate provides fire door repair and replacement services directly with tenants, owners, strata and Annual fire inspection companies. Professional trouble free licenced and insured fire safety door services provided across Sydney.
Residential, Commercial or Government Properties
Our Repair Services Include
- Failed fire doors from a fire inspection
- Fire safety door upgrades
- Weather damage, Rust, brake-in’s or vandalism – If internal core is damaged replacement required!
- Fire door(s) cannot close/open correctly
- Fire door hardware
- Replace & repair broken or torn door frame hinges
- Full door & frame replacements
- Repairs to existing fire door hardware
- Replacements of fire door locks & Closers
- Delaminating Door Repairs
- Binding Door repairs
- Existing Fire Door build-ups, to reduce excessive fire door gaps
- Fire door Frame build-up
- Non rated steel door frame conversions to comply as fire rated frames
- Fire door gap reducers, for excessive side and head gaps of failed fire doors
- Fire Door Closer adjustments, repairs & replacements
- Fire door kick plate installations & repairs
- Sequence selector repairs & replacements
- Fire door pair head & bottom latches
- Rim night latch repairs & replacements
- Hold open closers & free arm closer installations, replacements & repairs
- Fire door signage
- Fire door split repairs
- Tight fitting door repairs
- Fire door latching repairs
- Unit entry fire doors
- Fire stair and final exit doors
- Service cupboard fire, smoke and non-combustible doors
- Single and double door (Pairs)
- Frames, locks, closers and accessories
Fire door repair services for residential and commercial building requirements – Apartment entry fire doors, fire stair doors, final exit doors, tight fitting solid core doors, smoke doors, non-combustible lined service cupboard doors, steel sheeted security doors and custom veneers. Send us your requirements.
Fire Door Repair FAQ's
Here are some frequently asked questions about fire door repairs and servicing
Can fire doors be repaired?
Yes, fire doors can be repaired if they are damaged or not functioning properly. Repairs should only be carried out by a qualified technician who has experience working with fire doors.
How can I tell if my fire door can be repaired or needs replacing?
The easiest and fastest way is film or photos of the problems and send them to us. We will have a look and call to discuss what will be needed. Then a fast quotation is issued and if approved, we come to the site for measurements and information for repair sections or new frame/door sizes if needed.
Please note that this information is general in nature and may not apply to your specific situation. For more information about fire door repairs and servicing, please visit Fire Rate®.
What are some common problems with fire doors?
Damaged frames, water damaged doors, missing tags, broken lock or torn/dropped hinge, broken closer, damaged seals, and doors that do not close properly. These issues can compromise the effectiveness of the door in preventing the spread of fire and smoke. We specialise in giving new life into existing doors. Contact us today to help save you.
How often should our unit block fire doors be inspected/serviced?
Pending the building's fire engineered solution and local council requirements. Once a year to apartment entry fire doors and every 6 months to common area fire exit doors is common practice.
Fire doors are a vital lifeline to allow people to escape. Also to isolate and decrease the spread of fire. Fire Rate inspect, service and certify doors at the same time. This saves owners on added labour fees and call-backs for access to get the door(s) working correctly and to Australian Standards.
If we cannot fix there and then, we provide a great rate to repair or replace if needed. Try us and see how we can save you.
My fire door steel frame is badly rusted at the bottom on both sides, approximately 300mm up but the rest of the frame is fine. Can this be repaired or is a whole new frame needed?
Fire Rate repair and replace rusted frame sections, rusted and torn steel hinges and loose frames. Pending how bad the damage is we can assess and advise on the best options to fix the problem(s) and issue certification.
We had a false alarm and the fire brigade broke our fire door to get in when we were not home. Can the fire door be repaired?
Generally no. If the internal core of the fire door has been damaged or drilled for added non-compliant lock or similar a new fire door will be needed.
Our car park fire exit door is badly damaged from the weather. Whole frame is rusted and the door is swollen and lacking security strength. Can it be fixed?
If the damage is beyond repair a new door /frame system will be the best option. We can offer galvanised &/or stainless steel frame replacements with options to prolong the door/frame life. Customised quotations to upgrade and solve damaged unsecure safety door issues.
Supply Only, Fire Door Inspections, Repairs, New Installations & Certifications.